Had unprotected sex, used withdrawal method, delayed periods. Could I be pregnant?

I have a question because i think i could be pregnant. I had sex on July 21st unprotected sex. My boyfriend pulled out before he released himself. I had a regular cycle on Jul 28th and now I'm 2a days late in August. Haven't had sec since the 21st of July. Could i be pregnant?
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 41 minutes later
If you had your normal and regular periods on 28th July and there was no sex after 21st July,then it can not be pregnancy.
Delaying of periods is a very common phenomenon and you are just late by couple of days.
Wait and watch for few days more.
There can be various reasons for delay in periods like
Stress and anxiety
Severe exercises
After a prolonged illness
Loos of weight etc.

Revert to me if you have any additional concern.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, used withdrawal method, delayed periods. Could I be pregnant? 1 hour later

Just to make sure. My cycle is a 27 day cycle. I got my period on July 1st and had unprotected sex on July 21st, and I got my cycle again on the 28th of July. Which was right because that was day 27th. My cycle on the 28th was for the whole 5 days a regular cycle not implantation bleeding. Because it was a continuous flow not a spotting. The next cycle date was August 24th but I haven't had that cycle yet so I'm 2 days late.

So I guess my question is could I've conceived on the 21st of July or I'm I over stressing this and my period is just late? I will add that I started walking the treadmill around the middle of August for excerise due to trying to lose weight for my wedding. So do I need to just wait and see what happen for the next couple of days?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Since you had a good menstrual flow on 28th July,so there is no question of getting conceiving on 21st July.
There are two reasons for it
1.. The chances of conceiving on 21st July is very less as this date doesn't fall in your fertile period.
2... Even if you had conceived on 21st,the menstrual flow has washed away the so called pregnancy.

In nutshell,you can't be pregnant and your delay of periods is just late due to one of the various reasons( in your case it could be the exercises you started in middle of august )
Yes,you need to wait for next few days.