Had unprotected sex, took ipill but did not bleed. Having delayed periods. Did that ipill worked?

Excellent

Question
i read on many sites...it says if the girl bleeds after taking the unwanted 72 within 4 to 5 days it means the pill has worked but it did not mention anything about when the girl does not bleed,please help me. we had sex on 14 April & i took unwantend 72 on 15 April .After taking there was no bleeding or spot after taking unwanted 72. my period must come on 3 of may month will my period come on time or it will be delay i am just worried why did i not have bleeding with in 4 or 5 days my last period time was on 3 April till 8 April i had sex on 14 April & i took unwanted 72 on 15 April before 24 hours but i did not get any bleeding which we have after taking it after 4 to 5 days
1 pls say me is it compulsory to bleed after taking unwanted 72 or did my unwanted 72 pill worked
2 when can i have my period last time it was on 3april to 7april will i have it on 3 may

3 Is it compulsory i should have bleeding within 4 or 5 days after taking unwanted 72
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 55 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The post contraceptive pills are very much effective if taken in the first 24 hours after having sexual activity. You have taken them within this time period which means there are less than 5% chances of getting pregnant.

It is not necessary that after taking pills you should bleed immediately or within 4-5 days but the bleeding can occur on your usual dates or it may be occur early or may get delayed. The other important point i would like to mention is that your last period ended on 8th April and you had sex on 14th April. The first week after the end of menstruation is a week where pregnancy do not occurs because the egg is not formed at this stage and you had sex after six days of the last menstruation cycle which mimics the chances of your pregnancy.

To ease your tension and for your satisfaction you can have your blood beta HCG levels checked and it will be confirmed whether you are pregnant or not.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, took ipill but did not bleed. Having delayed periods. Did that ipill worked? 5 days later
Dear Dr i have stared my period from 3 MAy of this month & it will go on till 7 MAy of this month is this show that i am not pregnant is this act is enough to prove that i am not pregnant or shall i take urine or blood test or shall i relax pls help me i am tension
Can a girl get pregnant even she had regular periods after sex & contraceptive pills having ? i am just worried i hop you ans this question

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 25 hours later
If you had regular cycles then it means you are not pregnant and you do not need to take any additional medicine or any tests. just go with your normal life.

Thanks

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, took ipill but did not bleed. Having delayed periods. Did that ipill worked? 46 hours later

Dear Dr i have started my period from 3 MAY of this month & it will go on till 7 MAY of this month this question is from above question which was ask before

Does this show that i am not pregnant is this act is enough to prove that i am not pregnant or shall i take urine or blood test or shall i relax pls help me i am in tension

Can a girl get pregnant even she had regular periods after sex & after having contraceptive pills ? i am just worried i hop you ans this question

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
As i told u earlier that if you had regular periods then it means that you are not pregnant and the endometrium that is responsible for implantation sheds away with bleeding and hence the pregnancy is terminated. Therefore you should not worry and you are not pregnant.

Thanks