Had unprotected sex, took ipill and had periods. Now periods are delayed. Pregnancy test negative. Suggest?

Question
HI DOCTOR,
I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ON 14 XXXXXXX I TOOK I-PILL WITHIN 14 HOURS. MY PERIODS STARED ON 9TH XXXXXXX ND THIS MONTH I WAS EXPECTING ON 5TH JULY AS ALWAYS 5 DAYS BEFORE THE PREVIOUS ONE. BUT TILL NOW I DIDN’T. I DID 3 TIMES PREGNANCY TEST THROUGH URINE TEST KID ITS NEGATIVE. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO.HOW MUCH TIME I SHOULD WAIT?IF I HAVEN’T PERIODS IN PRESCRIBED TIME THEN SUGGEST ME MEDICINE WHICH HELP ME TO HAVE THAT THANX.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 13 minutes later
Hi XXXXX

The majority of women will have their period on time or early after emergency contraceptive pills; in others it may be delayed for 3-7 days. You are now overdue by 11 days.

Home pregnancy test may be negative in early pregnancy. In my opinion, you should get a blood test(serum beta HCG levels) to rule out pregnancy.

If that comes out to be negative, you can take some progesterone preparations( like norethisterone) after prescription from a doctor to have your period when you will stop these tablets.You should bleed in 2-4 days after stopping them.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, took ipill and had periods. Now periods are delayed. Pregnancy test negative. Suggest? 10 minutes later
is it necessary to go for blood test ? there is no another way to get solution.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 32 minutes later

Yes, this is the the only easiest way to rule out pregnancy with confirmation. Other methods may be wrong in very early pregnancy. Blood test will reflect the exact picture.

Hope this information will help you.
WWW.WWWW.WW