Had unprotected sex, took ipill. Having abdominal pain. Also had delivery. How to treat this?

doctor i have unprotected sex with ma wife on 9th may 2 o clock , she was completed her delivery before 21 days , and she had an i pill tab on 10th may 9 am , two days after consuming i pill she having hard lower abdominal pain resulted .. what to do we were disturbed plz help me to get an relaxeble answer

Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Some amount of lower abdominal pain is common after taking emergency contraceptive pill but since your wife delivered recently,the amount of pain is more because the uterine muscles are still sore and not healed completely.
However there is nothing to worry as it shall go away in a day or two.
You may take some pain killer like ibuprofen 400 mg for pain.
If the pain doesn't subside or it increases in next couple of days,you are advised to talk to your treating doctor.
It is better to use other contraceptive methods like condoms for another few months so as to avoid any problem.It would be better to remain away from emergency contaceptive pills till such time.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck