Had unprotected sex, taken i pill. Possibility of pregnancy?

i had sex with my girl friend. during the pre cum stage i did not have any condom. however after 2 insertion i put up the condom and then again inserted and ejuculated after rythmic movement. my girl friend also had I Pill at around 48 hrs after the act. is she suseptible to get preganant.
she had her last period on 16 to 19 august 2012. she has a normal 28 days cycle.
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 1 hour later
Thanks for the query in HCM

Even though there is a slight chance of getting pregnant by pre cum,
she is highly unlikely to get pregnant since she took i-pill within 48 hours.
Her periods may alter due to the consumption of i-pill.
Hence if she do not have her periods on her expected day, you can do a urine pregnancy card test, which is freely available over the counter from the pharmacy to confirm that there is no evidence of pregnancy.

Hope your concern is cleared now.

Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine / Sexologist
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Republic of India

“great sex.happy life”

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, taken i pill. Possibility of pregnancy? 6 hours later
doctor just to clarify....whether it was taking i pill that made it highly unlikely to become preganant. i heard that precum can only contain sperm if traces are left over from last ejaculation, which i never had. so can i assume pre cum is safe.
and what are the chances of the pill working as the prescrition says the % of chances reduce by passage of time. can i understand it would have even worked at taking the tab within 72 hrs of the act.
please tell what is the success rate of the pill working.
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 31 minutes later
As you said, Pre cum may contain some sperms.
Since she has taken I Pill within 48 Hours, the chance of pregnancy is very less.
Before telling you the effectiveness of i-pill, I would like to know
1. Date of Last Menstrual Period
2. Date of unprotected exposure(s)

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, taken i pill. Possibility of pregnancy? 8 hours later
dear doctor,

the last period was on 16.08.2012 to 19.08.2012 and we had sex on 28.08.2012 at around 10 am. she had taken I Pill on 30.8.2012 at around 11.30 am.
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 8 hours later

You had intercourse in a risky period in terms of pregnancy. Since she has taken i-pill, chances of pregnancy is less.
You need to wait till the expected date of her next periods and if periods are not occuring on that day, better test her early morning sample of urine using pregnancy card test.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, taken i pill. Possibility of pregnancy? 2 hours later
doctor ....i came to know it was a risky period. so as a precaution only took i pill.
just wanted to confirm whether taking the pill close to 48 hrs after the act can be considered in a safe zone.
moreoever the concept of precum having sperm did not go thru generally its secreted by a seperate gland and has a seperate path before joining the uthera.
if there any symptom that the pill worked other than wait till period days.
can i take a final word that the chances of getting preganant thru pre cum is less and since pill taken that chance is almost negligible in medical terms.
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 7 hours later

Since the exposure is Pre Cum and there is genital fluid contact, it is unlikely to get pregnant