Had unprotected sex, taken Levonelle. Is it possible that the pill messed up my cycle?

May 2013
My cycles are usually 28 days long and my period lasts 6-7 days. I had unprotected sex using withdrawal method, day 10 or 11 of my cycle and took levonelle pill the next day. 5 days after that I got a pretty heavy bleeding that lasted 3-4 days. So that happened 2 weeks before my normal period was supposed to come. My next period was due 7 days ago and I still wait for it to come. I did a pregnancy test earlier this week and it came out negative. Is it possible that the pill messed up my cycle that much that I will skip my period or postpone it by longer than a week?
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 24 minutes later

levonelle is a emergency contraceptive pill which can cause menstrual irregularities as side effect,
as you took the pill in the first half of the cycle it might have preponed your periods that's why to got bleeding after 5 days,
so now as your last menstrual period changed your actual period got postponed,
so you wait for one more week possibly by that time you will get your periods,
as these are common problems with emergency pills no need to worry,
but frequent use of emergency pills are not good better to use some regular contraceptive method.
for more details:

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.