Had unprotected sex, suffering from extreme anxiety, achy muscles, diarrhea, bad flu. STD negative. Is it reliable?

I am suffering from extreme anxiety. I had a test done at 23 days )HIV ag/ab combi test, i tested negative.
I am really worried because now i have extremely achy muscles, diarrhea, i can feel a bad flu coming my way.
Is the test reliable, doctor told me it is very assuring.
I had unprotected sex with sex worker, maybe 5 seconds, washed and urinated after it, i am circumcised.

I am very worried, has their been cases of people retesting positive as i am worried about symptoms. Please help really scared.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...This combo test has two parts of test.
Detailed answer...
I understand your anxiety over this issue but let me assure you that don't get panicky as the chances of getting HIV with a single unprotected sexual encounter is quite less.
This combo test looks for HIV antigens and HIV antibodies.
This is a 4th generation EIA test and  is very trustworthy.It's reliability is supposed to be 99.9%.
This test has two parts.
1st is looking for P24 antigens and is done around 2-3 weeks.
Your result shows that it is non reactive and hence normal.
The second part of test looks for antibodies which has a window period of 4-12 weeks.
HIV specialists generally find this test very conclusive at 6 weeks.

As far as your symptoms are concerned,they are more of anxiety.
A negative test at 6 weeks should make you very comfortable and out of your distress and  I assure you that it is going to be normal.
Best of luck