Had unprotected sex, pulsation in abdomen. Early sign of pregnancy?

May 2013
Good Morning,

I have been on birth control since I was 15 years old when I was diagnosed with PCOS. I stopped taking it almost a year ago. My husband and I had unprotected sex several times last week. After that I then realized that I had miscounted how many days after my period it was and we had had sex multiple times during the 14-19 days of my menstrual cycle. Today is day 24 of my cycle and last night while laying in bed I felt a pulsating feeling in my abdomen just below my belly button. I have never felt this before. Can this be an early sign of pregnancy?
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 35 minutes later

as you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation there is possibility for pregnancy,
the possibility of implantation is there around this period,
some women can felt signs of implantation, but the usual signs of implantation are spotting, cramping, change in menstrual disorder, in that case if still PCOS features are there then your symptom could be release of ovum which might have occurred late.

so you better wait till the expected date of period and go for preferably blood test or urine test of pregnancy to detect the possibility.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, pulsation in abdomen. Early sign of pregnancy? 9 minutes later
Thank you for your response. Its just that I am so used to the symptoms I have had for the past 10 years dealing with the pcos, I have NEVER felt the pulsating before. What is Ovum? and have there ever been reports of pulsing or tugging in the lower abdomen just after implatation?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later

ovum is the female gamate or reproductive cell which gets released in ovulation and unites with spermatozoa in fertilization,
some women may feel the cramping during ovulation or implantation as pulsating or tugging, as interpretation of things defer from person to person.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.