Had unprotected sex, pain in nipples, stomach pain. Any tablet to prevent pregnancy?

Nephrologist
Question
I usually get periods between 28th to 30th of every month. I had unprotected sex on 4th of August 2012 and am worried of getting pregnant. I still need to wait till 30th of August to see whether i get period normally or not. But in between am worried of getting pregnant as i could sense difference in my body (Nipples paining, Stomach pain). Is there any tablets which can ensure me to stay away from getting pregnant? I am from India
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you have had intercourse around your ovulatory phase of your cycle. There are chances of you getting pregnant.
Ideally the urine pregnancy test is done once the lady has missed her period so I recommend that you wait a few more days to take the test. If you take the test before that there might be false negative results

There are various oral contraceptive pills that you can avail like Mala-d, etc please approach a gynaecologist for a prescription

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones please get back to me

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, pain in nipples, stomach pain. Any tablet to prevent pregnancy? 7 minutes later
Thanks, am planning to have Registrone for 3 days from tomorrow i.e 22nd Aug 2012 (Daily 2 tablets) as a precautionary. Do you recommend to wait?

Is it possible to get out of it without having abortion?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I advice you not to take Registrone to induce your periods. Please wait it out.
If at all you are pregnant you can be aborted with medications, no surgical intervention or admission will be required. So please don't take any pills without supervision of the doctor. Wait a few more days and then take a call after the urine pregnancy test

Sorry for the short delay in my reply, I just got back from the hospital

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, pain in nipples, stomach pain. Any tablet to prevent pregnancy? 4 hours later
Thanks a lot. Can you pls suggest a doctor near Old Rajendar nagar or XXXXXXX Nagar to visit if at all the result is positive in urine pregnancy test.

Hello

Thanks

You could use the XXXXXXX directory to search for doctors near you. I could help you too if you tell me which state you are residing in currently

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, pain in nipples, stomach pain. Any tablet to prevent pregnancy? 11 hours later
am in Delhi near to Old Rajendar nagar or XXXXXXX Nagar. Yesterday i consulted a gynaecologist and she conducted all the tests. But nothing came up in that and she asked to wait till end of this month.

But she is saying you have to go through abortion if its positive and can't be possible with medication. I am not sure whether they are doing it for money or really there are no medications.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 hours later
Hello

Thanks for replying

Dr XXXXXXX
Sehgal Nursing Home,A-6 Panchvati, Opp Metro Pillar No 84, Adarsh Nagar Metro Station, Adarsh Nagar, Delhi - 0000
tel +(91)-11-0000

Please take a second opinion if you like from this doctor. Medical termination of pregnancy is possible without any surgery, there is no doubt about that. I am not sure why the doctor you have consulted said that it cant be done.

I would strongly suggest you wait it out until you miss your period by 3-4 days for a second consultation