Had unprotected sex only a for a few minutes. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Need some urgent advice on a mistake on our part. My GF and I had unprotected sex three days after her period got over (31st October). My penis was in her a vagina only for a fraction of minutes as we soon realized that we should be doing without a condom. I am dead sure that nothing at all happened as the intercourse was merely a few minutes. Now the trouble is that we are both tensed and she is stressed. Also because her periods haven't started. What are the chances that she is pregnant?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later

I don't think she is 'pregnant' as she has not missed her periods according to the previous date.

If she has missed her period and her menstrual cycle is very short, then pregnancy test can be performed at home to rule out pregnancy. It would be better to wait till 1st December, If her periods does not happen by then, you can go for home pregnancy test.

If you are anxious another choice would be to go for blood tests (beta hCG levels).

As mentioned above, I feel her chances of pregnancy is less likely as act occurred only 3 days after periods. Most women with normal menstrual cycle are safe during these days.

Anxiety and anemia are other causes of delayed periods.

I hope I have answered your query. Any further query is most welcome. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.