Had unprotected sex on 10th day of cycle. Took i pill. Had bleeding. Missed periods. What should I do?

Mar 2013
Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex on the 10th day from when my periods started. After that I took ipill in 12th hour. I had bleeding after 5 days which lasted for 5 days. My periods date has crossed by 2 days and I am not in periods. Generally my cycle is of 26 to 28 days...and is 32nd day. What should I do...should I wait or get a morning test done
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Normally, the I pill has the side effect of delaying or preponing your normal period by a week, or sometimes, even upto 10 days.
Hence, the delay in your period could be mostly because of the I pill.
However, just to be on the safer side, it is better to go for a morning urine pregnancy test.
That will remove your anxiety.
Please get it done, and proceed accordingly.
All the best.
Feel free to ask any further questions.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex on 10th day of cycle. Took i pill. Had bleeding. Missed periods. What should I do? 6 hours later
Thanks but I am tensed ...I am having thick vaginal discharge also...a lot...I cantt do the pregnancy test before Tuesday morning as the shop is closed today... is there any chances in 10th day sex to get pregnant afyer taking ipill?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Normally, in a 28 day cycle, ovulation is on the 14th day, and in 26 day cycle, it can be as early as day 12.
Also the date of ovulation is not fixed each month it can vary.
Hence, one cannot say that the chances of pregnancy on day 10 are nil.
You are definitely at risk for pregnancy.
Thick vaginal discharge is not specific for pregnancy.
Please do not worry, as it is perfectly alright to perform the pregnancy test on Tuesday.
All the best.