Had unprotected sex, missed period. Negative pregnancy test. Worried about pregnancy. Is there any way to bring regular periods?

Question
Hello Doctor,

My girlfriend last period cycle started on 5th XXXXXXX 2012 and ended by 11th XXXXXXX .. Before that 5 to 6 months she was having regular peroids. Me and my gf had un-protective sex on 19th XXXXXXX and also during other 5 days in the month of XXXXXXX after that my gf did not came with regular periods. When we checked last week with preg card its showing negative. We both are afraid reg pregnancy issues.....

Is their any way to bring her periods once again regularly!!!!

Kindly help me with this!

XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 7 hours later

The time of your intercourse was unsafe so chances of pregnancy are fair. Repeat the pregnancy test. You can get blood test (beta HCG) done from laboratory as well. If it is positive, you have option of medical/ surgical abortion which can be done in consultation with a gynaecologist.

If the test is negative then hormonal tablet for withdrawal bleeding is to be taken after examination by your local Gynaecologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, missed period. Negative pregnancy test. Worried about pregnancy. Is there any way to bring regular periods? 26 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your valuable time and information's.

Am residing at Chennai, India. Can you help me finding out with a reliable local gynecologist in my area.

Thanks & Regards
XXXXXXXA

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 8 minutes later
Hi and thanks again,

You can consult any gynecologist at malar fortis hospital, Chennai.

Alternatively there are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope this helps. If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion. Yet, if you have any more queries, I will be glad to assist you.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, missed period. Negative pregnancy test. Worried about pregnancy. Is there any way to bring regular periods? 2 days later
Hello doctor,
As per your suggestions, i visited a doctor in malar hospital and we did the scanning process as well....

these are the results
Ultrasound pelvis

Bladder:
Is normal in contour. No intra luminal echoes are seen.

Uterus:
Measures 8.4x6.3x4.3 cms. Anteverted
Myometrium shows normal echogenicity. No focal lesion is seen
Endometrium is regular(12.6mm)

Ovaries:
Right ovary measures 4.4x3.2 cms.
Left ovary measures 2.7x1.7 cms.
The echogenicity is normal on both sides.

P.O.D:
P.O.D is free.
No adnexal mass lesion seen.

IMPRESSION:

Normal sonographic study of Uterus, Both ovaries and adnexa.

Kindly help me out with ur suggestions.

XXXXXXX.

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 10 hours later
In early pregnancy, scan may not show pregnancy sac therfore give her blood sample for pregnancy test i,e beta hcg.