Had unprotected sex, low menstrual flow, abdominal pain, no clotting. How to reduce pain?

Question
hi, I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 10th day of my last cycle and took ipill the next day..My period for thiscycle was delayed for 3 days and am into my 3rd day of periods. My period is not clear, i.e. am having very less flow compared to my previous period, also there is no clotting, so basically its not getting cleared. And I am having an acute pain in my lower abdomen right side and my thighs. Please let me know what should i do to reduce my pain. I am trying homemade remedies (having hot water of ajwain and sugar) to get my periods clear.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 15 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You can take Tab. Meftal forte (Mefanamic acid) thrice daily with food for 3-5 days to reduce your pain.

Ipill is a hormonal pill. It can affect your period. It will be better to use condom for contraception. If condom breaks during use, then only you should use Ipill.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, low menstrual flow, abdominal pain, no clotting. How to reduce pain? 42 minutes later
Thanks. i am getting married in october, what pills should i take to prevent pregnancy. and do i need to consult gynae.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 22 minutes later

Welcome again,

Advance congratulations & good wishes for happy married life.

In my opinion you should prefer use of condom for contraception.

If you want to take a pill, you can get oral contraceptives free of cost from Government Hospital or can purchase Tab. Ovral-L from chemist and start it from first day of period. You have to repeat it after 28 days.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, low menstrual flow, abdominal pain, no clotting. How to reduce pain? 5 hours later
hi doc, is meftal spas and meftal forte same?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 28 minutes later

Welcome again,

Both are not same. Meftal forte contains 500mg of mefanamic acid, while Meftal spas contains anti-spasmodic in addition to 250mg of mefanamic acid. If meftal forte is not available, you can take one Meftal spas DS(if available) also.
You can take meftal forte thrice daily but meftal spas ds one s.o.s.(when ever required).

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma