Had unprotected sex just after period. Took contraceptive pill. Chances of pregnancy?

Mar 2013
my period comes 10 days earlier and i have sex on the fourth day of my period with condum but unfortunately it was leaked and after an hour i have take one contraceptive pill (unwanted 72). Is there any chance to get pregnant.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Having unprotected intercourse on the fourth day of your period has very less possibility of resulting in pregnancy.
However, as your period was 10 days earlier, it appears that you have irregular periods, and hence ovulation cannot be predicted with such cycles.
Emergency contraceptive pills are almost 95 % effective if taken within 24 hours, hence I would opine that your overall chances of having a pregnancy are very remote.
However, please take a urine pregnancy test if you miss your period by 4 - 5 days to be absolutely sure of not being pregnant.
Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.