Had unprotected sex just after period. Chances of getting pregnant?

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 5th day of her periods ll she get pregnant? Rpl fast v both r in a big tension
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 8 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Assuming that she has regular cycles, and counting the first day of her period as day#1, then intercourse on day#5 is incredibly unlikely to result in a pregnancy. Most women ovulate around day#14, but their window to get pregnant is probably days 12-16. Make sure you use backup protection, and have her check a pregnancy test 2-3 weeks after this episode of intercourse. You likely have very little to worry about.

I hope that this helps and good luck!