Had unprotected sex followed by fever, chronic uritcaria and dry cough. Done HIV and Hepatitis test, all negative

Hi.....I am from Kolkata.

I had a risk exposure on Feb 1,2013 (received unprotected oral & performed protected vaginal with a Sex worker).
Had Fever for 3 days on 14-17th Feb.
From April, having chronic urticaria and taking medicine evryday for that.
For last 2 months having dry cough and inconcistant bowl movement and headache sometime.

Done HIV 1/2 Antigen/Antibody (Electrochemiluminiscene method) after 15th, 31st, 92nd and 193rd day of exposure. All result are non-reactive.
Done Hepatitis B, C and VDRL after 3 months of exposure. All are negative.

Do I need any more test for HIV, Hepatitis or Syphilis? Is all the test 100% confirmatory? Or there are still chances?

For the current problems, I am visting family physician and taking medicine, but he does not aware of the history above? Do I need
to do any other STD test for Other STIs? If yes, please mention the test.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
100 % effective tests; look for other cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

All the above mentioned tests do prove accurate results especially with the proper gaps and time frames during which they were conducted.

All these tests report a 100 % efficacy if taken at the right time, and as you have made sure you take these tests during the right time, I would say that all these test results are a 100 % effective; especially due to the time during which they were taken.

A screening for other sexually transmitted diseases can also be conducted for your satisfaction, they include testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea and herpes; although you do not have any symptoms for the same.

Once all these diseases are also ruled out I would advise a throat swab test, a chest x-ray and a sputum analysis which could help in finding a respiratory cause for your symptoms; as once all the conditions are ruled out, we can complete rule out your sexual encounter to be the cause for your symptoms.

I hope this information helps in putting you at ease. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes and god bless.