Had unprotected sex, during period, am I likely to become pregnant during this time?

May 2013
I'm a 41 year old woman, I do NOT want any more children, but have been successfully fertile up until now, I have recently had unprotected sex with my partner, during my period, am I likely to become pregnant during this time, I thought not, but have been advised otherwise by a friend.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 minutes later

No, in-case of regular periods the possibility of pregnancy is very less in your case.
Because you had intercourse during your periods.
Ovum will not release during normal menstrual period.
So if that was the only episode of unprotected intercourse you had, the chance of pregnancy is almost nil.
Better to choose permanent contraceptive measure as you do not want to conceive again.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.