Had unprotected sex during period. Chances of pregnancy? Does taking ipill cause any problem in future pregnancy?

Mar 2016

Does Consuming I pill creates problem in future pregnancy ??I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 5th day of her periods ll she get pregnant ?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 14 minutes later

I-pill is an emergency contraceptive pill. It should be taken within 72 hrs following unprotected sex. For highest effectiveness, it is advisable to intake within first 24 hrs. A withdrawal bleeding usually appears within 7-10 day following taking the pill. It may cause hormonal imbalance and hamper regular period (delayed or earlier).

If regular cycle is hampered, then ovulation or fertile days are also altered. In such case, conceiving problem may arise. Otherwise, I-pill itself does not interfere with future pregnancy.

It is be better to use regular combined OCP instead of emergency pill for highest effectiveness and regular period. When you are planning for pregnancy, all contraceptive methods should be stopped for at least 2-3 months for natural conception.

Hope, this information is quite helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen