Had unprotected sex during ovulation period. Chances of pregnancy?

Hello well i had a period that lasted 3 1/2 days i usually bleed 7-8 days i bled normally but never before have i bled for 3 days not really much cramping this cycle just some ovulation pain or thats what i think it is ice been having unprotected sex and my bf ejaculated 1 time in feb in me and 1 time while on my 3 day period one full day after that last one i stopped blleding my next period is not due for another 20 days could i be pregnant
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 29 minutes later

Pregnancy occurs close to the time of ovulation. Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary and occurs on day 14 of a menstrual cycle. Having unprotected intercourse during periods will not result in pregnancy.Hence it looks like irregular periods due to stress rather than pregnancy.

However if you wish to be clear about the status of pregnancy, you can confirm the status of pregnancy by urine for pregnancy test (UPT) and the most accurate way to test for pregnancy is to wait until after your period is due. First appearance of pregnancy hormone, HCG, due to implantation occurs 6-12 days after ovulation.

You can use a highly sensitive pregnancy kit for confirming the status of pregnancy or wait for your periods and do a urine for pregnancy test after 1 week-10 days of your missed periods date. Alternately you can also get a serum HCG test done which is more specific than a urine for pregnancy test.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.