Had unprotected sex, during ovulation. Thick whit mucous came out, feel bloated. Pregnant?

Question
On April 5 my period start.and on the 9 it end I have sex on the13 of April then my ovulation start on the 17 to the 21 I had sex again on the 18 I felt come on the 23 also my belly is bloated also I went to the bathroom to pee when I wipe my self I saw some thick white mucus came out. Is that mean that I am pregnant
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

First, I have some questions:
1. Do you have regular cycles?
2. What makes you think you were ovulating on 4/17?
3. Have you done a pregnancy test yest?

Please answer and I will help you!

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, during ovulation. Thick whit mucous came out, feel bloated. Pregnant? 25 hours later
I start from April 17 to 21 my ovulation say that my egg day is the 19 and I am bloted and people is asking me if I am pregnant. Yes I took a pregnancy test and it said no because I think I an two early. Also I start to go to the bathroom a lots .i took the test on the 19,21and24

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 50 minutes later
Thank you for the followup clarification.

So from what you are saying, you did ovulation tests from 4/17-4/21, with the test turning positive for ovulation on 4/19.

A pregnancy test will not turn positive until about 2-3 weeks after conception, so it is no suprise that the tests on the dates you listed were negative.

An increased whitish discharge is more likely related to the changes in cervical mucus that happen when you ovulate, and the bloating is most likely related to the normal symptoms that occur during the second half of your cycle.

Your timing of intercourse was good for getting pregnant. It is still possible and you will need to repeat the test when it has been at least two weeks after probable conception.

I hope that this helps and good luck!

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, during ovulation. Thick whit mucous came out, feel bloated. Pregnant? 2 days later
Is it two early to feel Nashua.on Thursday night and Saturday I eat food and I bring it back up.what is that mean.

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
The problems in pregnancy related to nausea are thought to be related to HCG levels in your blood. If your pregnancy test is negative, then there are undetectable levels of HCG in your blood. So even if you were pregnant, it would be too early to have symptoms like nausea.

I hope that this helps - please take a moment to leave feedback!

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, during ovulation. Thick whit mucous came out, feel bloated. Pregnant? 5 days later
Ok my Pam's did not come yet it is a day late I did not take the test yet also I am afraid lol but because I have kids already my tummy is a little big.

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 17 hours later
Do not be afraid. You will sort through this and it will all be clear soon. It would be reasonable to check a pregnancy test now and then if it is negative, repeat it within the next week. If it remains negative AND you do not get a period, then it would be time to seek clarification from your OB/GYN.

I hope that this helps and good luck!