Had unprotected sex, cum around vagina. Should I get the morning after pill?

Nephrologist
Question
My boyfrined and i had unprotected sex, but he pulled out seconds before he cam. 10 minutes later when i was in the shower i noticed cum around my vagina. We didn't do any foreplay towards me, so i don't think it was female cum. my period is due in 2 days and i dont know whether to get the morning after pill or not?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 19 minutes later

Since you have had unprotected sex and you have noticed semen around your vagina, it is always safer to take the morning after pill. Please do so without delay. These pills contain levonorgestrel and have to be taken upto 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.
They often cause certain side effects like nausea, headache, tenderness in the breasts and unexpected vaginal bleeding. However, I would like to emphasize that these drugs should not be used as a routine method of contraception and other more effective and safer methods like condoms and oral contraceptive pills should be preferred.

I hope I have answered your query.
I wish you good health.