Had unprotected sex but no ejaculation, taking Loestrin. Should I take Plan B?

Excellent

Question
Hi, I am on the pill (Loestrin 28) and it is my placebo week. I had unprotected sex last night but there was no ejaculation. Should I take Plan B? I'm very concerned about getting pregnant.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

I do not see any reason for worry.

You are on birth control pills which are very effective contraceptive method, provided you are using it for more then 2 cycles and you have not missed any tablets.

You do not need any other protective measures or tablets for this.

You are very well protected even on placebo days.

Just for your knowledge, unprotected act with or without ejaculation inside definitely carries risk of pregnancy if you are not using any form of contraceptive.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex but no ejaculation, taking Loestrin. Should I take Plan B? 29 minutes later
I have been birth control for five years. I haven't missed any but I did take two in one day on the first week. I'm spotting but my period hadn't started so just worried. Thank you.

Good to hear from you again.

I do not see any reason for worry.

Please wait for couple of days you should have normal periods.

Dr.Pragnesh