Had unprotected sex before periods. On birth control pills. What are the chances of pregnancy?

My period ladted only 2 1/2 days when it`s normally 4-5. I am on birth control and havebeen for a few years. My boyfriend and I Ihad unprotected sex before my period. What are my chances of being pregnant?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 minutes later

I hope you are on regular combined birth control pills. Combined oral pills are more than 99% effective in preventing unwanted pregnancies when they are taken religiously. The effectiveness is slightly altered when you miss more than one pill.

Since you have been on pills for years, I presume you take them without missing pills. In such a case, I don't think you have any chance of being pregnant.

Let me know if my presumption is not right. We shall discuss further.

Best Regards