Had unprotected sex ans have not had periods. Chances of being pregnant?

Question
Sir, my girlfriend's last period date was 15 Jun 13 and we had sexual intercourse on 10th july in day with condoms and in night without any protection. Now my gf didn't get period till date.. now plz tell me Is there any prob? or any possibility to get pregnant?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 42 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern,
You had unprotected sex on 10th July and her last period was on 15th XXXXXXX
Pregnancy depends on her ovulation which occurs approximately 13-14 days before expected date of period.

Considering expected date is 15th July ovulation should be 1st or 2nd July chances of pregnancy are less but this can vary so it is possible that she is pregnant.

First you should take her urine pregnancy test if it is negative wait for 2-3 days if she gets her period, if there is still no period then please consult a Gynecologist to do proper test like blood Beta HCG and Ultrasonography to be sure she is not pregnant.

If she is not pregnant then other causes of delayed period like stress and anxiety, hormonal imbalance may be there.

Hope this information is useful to you, if you have any further query please ask I will be happy to help.

Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex ans have not had periods. Chances of being pregnant? 1 hour later
Sir if we get urine test positive den what we have to do? Is there any way to avoid this pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 21 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up,

If the pregnancy test is positive then, if you do not want to continue pregnancy then visit a Gynecologist and can decide about medical termination of pregnancy.

In early pregnancy Mifepristone and Misoprostol are used by Gynecologist they must be taken strictly under medical supervision.

Hope this clarifies the issue, if you have any doubt please ask , I will be happy to help.

Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex ans have not had periods. Chances of being pregnant? 20 hours later
Hello sir....thank god urine test is negative...now what we have to do?
is der any chance left for pregnancy??

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 53 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up,

This is good that the test is negative, wait for 2-3 days she should get her period, if she gets period then it is all right.

Other possibility is if her period is not there then repeat the test or better get blood Beta HCG test to know status if positive.

We will have to consult Gynecologist for necessary action.

Please inform me about progress.
Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D