Had unprotected sex and took unwanted 72. Brownish discharge and no proper bleeding. What is the reason for not getting proper period?

I had an unprotected sex in July and took unwanted 72 in 12 hours. Since then I have not had any period. There was some brown discharge that happened 2 weeks back but since then no proper bleeding. I have done the pregnancy test and it is negative. But I want to know that why I'm not getting proper period?
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wait and watch for two weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting query.
Possibilities reasons for delayed period in your case in the order of priorities are,
1, Unwanted 72 tablet, there might be medicine side effects.
2, Stress and anxiety causes hormonal imbalance might have cause delay in period.
I suggest you these steps further.
Wait for the proper period for 2 weeks.
If period arrives within this time, it is fine and it shows that medicine effects faded away. If period do not appear within this time, what I suggest My patients Tablet Primolut-N 1 tablet twice a day for 5 days.
Since this is prescription medicine before taking consult your treating doctor and discuss.
I hope, I answer your query. If you have further query or clarification, please write back.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex and took unwanted 72. Brownish discharge and no proper bleeding. What is the reason for not getting proper period? 3 hours later
Thanks. Since abortion, I have not had proper period. Just little spots show up. Would this impact my pregnancy in future?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 14 minutes later

Thanks for query again.
Nothing to worry.
Gradually your period will be regular and there will not be having any impact in pregnancy in future.
I hope you are satisfied with my answer.
If you do not have any further query, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Ok and take care.