Had unprotected sex and took ipill. Will antibiotics for cold and fever affect the action of the pill?

Hi, i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend today and took ipill after 2 hours.. From past 2 days i am on a course of antibiotics for cold and fever.. I took antibiotics after 3 hours of taking ipill.. Will it affect the working of the pill
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No effect on ipill.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

Relax, there is no interaction or effect on the iPill if you have taken these antibiotics after three hours, there might be some effect on the antibiotics though, iPill may cause the antibiotics to be removed from the body slightly faster, but it doesn't matter much. So relax.

Next time please use some form of protection to avoid repeated dosages of iPill, which is a hormone and will cause hormonal changes in the body which may not be pleasant.

I hope this answers your question. Please do write back if you need further information.

Wishing you good luck.