Had unprotected sex and oral sex. Noticed blood during vaginal sex. Be concerned of STD and HIV?

Question
i had unprotected sex with a 42 year old twice last year. i had performed oral sex also on her. i had noticed blood during vaginal sex and oral sex.i was sure she was not mensturating. I am concerned about my hiv status now. what is my chances of not contracting hiv if she was positive.
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 35 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As you had unprotected vaginal sex and performed oral sex also, your chances of not contracting HIV (if she was HIV positive) are minimum,.

As there can be many conditions which can cause bleeding, please get your HIV status checked. As the test can be falls negative during window period, you should be HIV negative for six months after you had sex last time with her.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have further query in this regard, please ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex and oral sex. Noticed blood during vaginal sex. Be concerned of STD and HIV? 4 minutes later
minimum means what? what % chances do i have ?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome again,

It is not possible to caculate % of chances. Minimum means almost nil.

If she is HIV positive, you are at risk. Therefore you should get your HIV test done.

If result is negative, you should repeat it for six months to become sure. Let us hope that it remain negative.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have further query in this regard, please ask. If you don't require further clarification, please accept answer and rate it as per your satisfaction.

With good wishes,