Had unprotected sex and negative hpt. Random period was heavy, clotty and bad cramps. Stressed out. Worried whether am I pregnant?

me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex august 8th but i was stressing so much because i thought i was pregnant but i wasnt because i took a hpt and both were negative so my period was delayed but i ended up getting my period 3 days after and i had my period for 9 consecutive days and yesterday i had one random period it was heavy and clotty i had really bad cramps, but all of a sudden when i went to go use the bathroom , i wasn't on it anymore and it was gone, but then when i got home today my underwear had blood in it and it wasn't little too but the weird thing about it is, my period isn't suppose to be here until 7 more days.. i'm so confused on what is going on , i don't know if my period is all out of because i'm stressed out or if i'm pregnant
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get your blood test for pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:

If you are regular with your cycles and if you had the intercourse just 3 days before you got your period, as I understand, you have no chance of being pregnant as it is the safe period. Urine pregnancy tests can be read well 3-7 days after a missed period with a fresh early morning sample of urine.

If you happened to do it early, the tests should be repeated and as you have already had that more than a month ago, you will need a blood pregnancy test and a trans-vaginal/pelvic sonogram to assess the situation.

If pregnancy can be excluded, the other possibility is a disturbed hormonal status. This can happen in many situations like polycystic ovaries, hyperprolactinemia states, sudden weight disturbances, stress, certain medications and infections. Local causes of the bleeding include cervical lesions and uterine fibroids and endometriosis. I would suggest a complete examination by a gynecologist for a proper appraisal of the situation.

Please do not stress, get a proper examination and let the doctors treat you. Everything will be fine. Personally, I feel it is a disturbed hormonal pattern.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex and negative hpt. Random period was heavy, clotty and bad cramps. Stressed out. Worried whether am I pregnant? 23 hours later
Thank you so much

But now I have been bleeding for eight days now on and off yesterday it very clotty and my period is due tomorrow do you think that because ive been stresss it kind of caused me to not have an ovulatiin stage or something ? and have schedule and appoinment .
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
With pregnancy excluded it is hormonal disturbance

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing again.

With the exclusion of pregnancy, the other possibility could be hormonal imbalance and stress can create such a situation. As you have already scheduled an appointment, please go ahead with it and get a complete evaluation. Local causes also can be thus excluded and specific treatment can be provided. Please try to relax and let the doctors do the needful management.

Hope your doubt has been cleared. Please contact for further help. I will be ready to answer.