Had unprotected sex and ejaculated. Took ipill and bleeding. Chances of pregnancy?

I had unprotected sex with my gf on 19th.. I didnt ejaculate in her.. but we had twice.. I gave her an i pill an hour later and she complained of bleeding that evening.. will she be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances of pregnancy is remote...

Detailed Answer:

I presume both the episodes were on the same day. If yes, I pill is very effective in preventing pregnancy. The chances of pregnancy is close to zero.

Further if she was on safe period of the month, it almost nullifies her chances of pregnancy. Safe and unsafe period of month can be calculated accurately if her period dates are very regular.

Bleeding is most likely due to trivial trauma sustained during intercourse. If the bleeding has stopped now you need not be worried; definitely it doesn't suggest pregnancy.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex and ejaculated. Took ipill and bleeding. Chances of pregnancy? 6 minutes later

I guess her periods were before october 4th, so she might have been fertile during time of sex.

I had ejaculated couple of times even before entering her. And we had sex twice and we both did not clean or urinate in between. While sex first time I pulled out and cummed outside and second time I did not cum. But both the times I was inside her fully.

She had the I pill just an hour after the incident.

So let me know how can she keep track of things. Also what signs indicates pregnancy and non pregnancy.

Please advice
Answered by Dr. Prasad 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy chance is remote...

Detailed Answer:

Yes, she might have been in her fertile days; but the more precise dates can only be calculated according to her last 6 months period days.

Anyway considering that she took I pill within 24 hours following all the whole episode, the chance that she would become pregnant is close to zero.

As far as symptoms of pregnancy is concerned, the most definitive sign is positive urine pregnancy test. The next most reliable symptom is absent period (if she misses her dates for more than 2 weeks). Other symptoms of pregnancy closely match premenstrual symptoms (nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, increased urination, mood changes) which normally happens in most women.

In short, one cannot rely on symptoms to determine pregnancy. Be rest assured and assure your partner. And avoid unprotected sexual intercourse in the future.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex and ejaculated. Took ipill and bleeding. Chances of pregnancy? 7 minutes later

Thanks for the answer.

I have been facing one problem. I am having burning sensation on the tip of my penis. Also my foreskin is very tight and it pains while intercourse. What could be the solution?

Also will condoms have any side affects?

Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No side effects...

Detailed Answer:

Burning sensation may be due to infection or irritation. If the burning lasts for few hours following intercourse it is most likely due to friction and lack of enough lubrication. If it is persistent you need to be evaluated to rule out infections.

As far as tight foreskin is concerned, most young men experience it. It improves as you become more active sexually. You can use lubricant solutions such as KY jelly or simple vaseline in the mean time and see if pain reduces. If it doesn't improve then circumcision (procedure) will be necessary.

And about condom, it doesn't cause any effects. Very few men are allergic to the latex material and are unable to use it. You can test the product for yourself. It does not cause any long term / permanent harm.

Hope this answers all your queries.
If you have no more questions, please close this discussion.