Had unprotected sex and clippers on legs. Have sensitive skin in the groin, hamstring and achy muscle. Advise?

Dec 2012

Both if my legs the skin is sensitive .... In the groin area and the hamstring and even on the top. The muscles also feel achy. I was worried because I had unprotected sex 6 weeks ago but no lesions or blisters just sensitivity.

I did have my hamstrings stretched out by a therapist about 3 -4 weeks ago and she used ART on me which hurt for sure while she was stretching me out. Could that have strained or injured the areas to make my skin feel sensitive? Same spots on both legs ...

And could it be that long that it is sensitive. That any thoughts are appreciated

Also about two weeks ago I used a clippers on my legs and trimmed my private area and it was more sensitive after that.

Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later
Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I will like to start by saying that your symptoms are not likely related to an STD but rather might be related to your hamstrings being stretched out.
If the stretching has been done for the first time that might be the cause.
If you are probably on pain killers and physical therapy you will most likely get some relief. I also suggest that you see a medical doctor who can evaluate you and determine the cause of your problem.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex and clippers on legs. Have sensitive skin in the groin, hamstring and achy muscle. Advise? 2 hours later
Should be trying to stretch? Could it take this long for it to heal? I never knew it could make your skin feel sensitive like this and not heal a major pull in the leg.
Never had my skin have that chafed or sunburn feeling like this from my muscles of ligaments.

So no chance of it being herpes.. Read on the Internet that it could make your skin feel sensitive. But I have not signs of lesions and my genitals feel fine.

Would hot showers help or would that irritate the skin more since the skin is sensitive.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 49 minutes later
It is possible to develop body soreness after stretching but I am positive it is not herpes that is causing you the skin sensitivity.
You just need to continue the stretch (with probably help of a physical therapist). It will also be difficult to tell for sure what is actually the cause of your skin sensitivity without examining you physically. Some few tests might need to be done to rule out other possible causes.
You may try cold bathes instead of hot bathes. Take some OTC pain killers.

Hope this helps
Dr. Nsah