Had unprotected sex after periods. Took ipill. Noticed sticky discharge and abdominal pain. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi Doctor,

I am a 24 year old lady. I had unprotected sex 2days after my period stopped on 22nd August. He didn't cum but just to avoid anything out of pre-cum i had i-pill in next 36hours. after 6 days i had withdrawal bleeding for 3 days (till 2nd september). Today its my due date for periods but i can see certain changes in me. I can see a very sticky thick thing coming out everyday since past 7 days, feel bad in mouth and having little abdominal pain. Is it some side effects of the pill? Hope I am not pregnant?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Based on your dates the intercourse has happened during the infertile period of your cycle by which pregnancy is near impossible.
The fertility is more after 10 days of last period and before 10days of the expected period.
Since you had intercourse soon after the periods the chances of pregnancy are almost nil. Then to be double sure you took an emergency contraceptive within 36 hours. This rules out pregnancy further.
The symptoms you are having could be related to a delay in the periods due to mild hormonal imbalances caused by the emergency contraceptive that you have taken.
Please do not worry as these symptoms will decrease as soon as your periods will start.
Do consult a gynaecologist and discuss the same. He/she can plan a new birth control course from here on to avoid such incidences in future.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex after periods. Took ipill. Noticed sticky discharge and abdominal pain. Chances of pregnancy? 22 minutes later
thank you so much doctor.

just to clarify myself on these things, as my withdrawal bleeding got over on 2nd Sept and my due date for periods being 17th Sep, is it that the next period will happened 28 days from 2nd sept, so should i wait for a week more before visiting a doctor. i am having period like pain these days, have white sticky thing coming out all day and feel very different-lethargic. i am really disliking this unusual behavior of mine.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. You should wait for at least a week for your periods to start spontaneously. The thick discharge and pain abdomen will subside once the periods will start.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.