Had unprotected sex after periods. Missing periods. Am I pregnant? Should I take MITEGEST 200mg?

May 2013
Dear Sir, the last period of my menstruation is 29 may 2012 to 2 XXXXXXX 2012. Being clean on 5 XXXXXXX I had unprotected sexual intercourse with my boy friend for the first time. But he could not penetrate XXXXXXX due to my pain and bleeding. So he ejaculated completely outside the vagina. But this month I have missed my period and till date I am not feeling any tendency of menstruation. My menstruation was always regular and in time. It is happening for the first time. I am suspecting pregnancy. I have decided to consume MITEGEST 200mg tablet. Kindly suggest me the needful.
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 51 minutes later

the possible causes of your delayed periods are,

-according to your cycle you had intercourse on 8th of your periods, though the chance is low but ovulation can occur sometimes during this period,
-though your boyfriend ejaculated outside the vagina, sometimes preejaculate fluid can contain some spermatozoa,
so there is chance for pregnancy,

-stress and strain, changes in dietary habits, change in weight etc factors,
poly cystic ovary disease, thyroid disorder like conditions,
can cause hormonal changes leading to abnormal menstrual cycles.

now what can you do is,
consult gynecologist undergo urine or blood test for pregnancy,

-if positive, undergo ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy then with your doctor's advice take tablets for abortion,
taking tablets without doctor's advice is XXXXXXX

-if negative, with your doctor's advice undergo ultrasound and hormonal assay for estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH, prolactin, thyroid hormone levels etc to find out the cause for delayed periods and take treatment for that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.