Had unprotected sex after periods. Missed taking levlen ed. Started bleeding. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
Hi I'm on levlven ed birth control I have a been just ova a year now. I finished my period 9 days ago on Saturday 22nd of September and I have unprotected sex on Monday I forgot to take the pill on Tuesday and took it on weary and Thursday and forgot it To take it again on Friday and Saturday and this Sunday I woke up with a heavy period it's was a black colour with red thought it and its Monday now and I still have not as heavy bleeding but still bleeding and it's a red colour do u think I could be pregnet even knowing I'm bleeding heavy or is it just from
Missing the pill
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 15 minutes later
Hello
Welcome and thanks for writing to us

As birth control pills contain ethinyl estradiol and progesterone so these hormones can cause heavy withdrawal bleeding.If you miss the tablet for one day and take two of them next day then chances of pregnancy are not there but if you miss for two consecutive days then there can be failures.You have missed the tablet on tuesday and again forgot to take it on friday and saturday and bled heavily next day , the chances of an incomplete or complete abortion can be there so it is better to get an ultrasound and pregnancy test done.

Best wishes and take care

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex after periods. Missed taking levlen ed. Started bleeding. Chances of pregnancy? 7 minutes later
So what does an incomplete or complete abortion mean does that mean if I was pregnet I'm misscarrying or ? Don't understand

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 33 minutes later
Hello
Welcome back

The chances are less as it's been only a week since you forgot to take the tablet and bleeding started but one never knows and should not neglect it.In incomplete abortion the pregnancy aborts but some pieces remain inside and in complete abortion there is heavy bleeding and uterine cavity is empty after that.Ultrasound scan clears everything.Get your haemoglobin level done as you bled heavily and it can cause anemia.Take rest for few days and diet XXXXXXX in iron.There is nothing to worry about.Just relax and take care of yourself.
Best wishes once again.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex after periods. Missed taking levlen ed. Started bleeding. Chances of pregnancy? 1 hour later
Ok thanks for that coz I had Incourse last Monday and I missed the pill Tuesday not Wednesday or Thursday but Friday and Saturday I did and I'm bleeding is there a chance I can be pregnet and not be misscarge or because I'm bleeding means I'm not pregnet

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 20 minutes later
Hello

As you missed the pill for one day , the chances of pregnancy are less and bleeding can be simply due to tablets.As there is heavy bleeding so chances of pregnancy are minimal.You can do a pregnancy test at home with kit available OTC.

Best wishes