Had unprotected sex after my period. On birth control pills. Noticed spotting. Could I be pregnant?

May 2013
We had unprotected sex two weeks after my period. I'm on BC. Four days later there was blood when I wiped. it lasted two days then stopped. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of pregnancy is less

Detailed Answer:
If you used the birth control pills as per the schedule, the chances of pregnancy are less.
If you missed any of the pills in the course, complete protection may not be expected and there is possibility of pregnancy.
The possible causes for your spotting are :
- Breakthrough bleeding due to altering the time of intake of pills.
- Withdrawal bleeding, if pill is missed.
-Spotting due to abrasions etc during intercourse.
So, if you have not missed any pill, no need to worry about pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.