Had unprotected sex. Worried about HIV infectio

hi Doctor, I'm really scared that I just had unprotected oral sex from a prostitute in Indonesia. Well, she seems to be clean and cautious. But I really scared that I could contract STDs from this activity. This is my first time ever I done this, I'm worrying about the percentage of me contracting any viruses by doing this only one time. I also really scared of getting tested because of the possible unwanted results and also chances that parents would discover I done the test. Thank you very much.
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: very low chances, parents can't access your record Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. The chances of contracting an infection are real from every unprotected intercourse. However, they are very limited with oral sex especially if you didn't have any wounds on your penis. Please, always try to use a protection so as not to find yourself in a similar very distressing situation like this next time. Getting tested is good but prevention is ideal. at 21years, your health information cannot be shared with your parents without a written permission from you. There is actually no need to panic about this. If you don't authorise them to see these tests and results, they will not be granted access to it. Just be calm. Please, always consider to use protection during sex and even more so with people you don' know their health records. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD