Had unprotected sex. Took unwanted 72 and got periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

Question
i had my periods on 25 Aug 2012.had unprotected sex on 15th sept 2012.Had unwanted 72 within 24 hours.Got my periods again on 26th Sept 2012.Is there a chance of pregnancy?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

If you had a full, real period, then you're not pregnant.
Sometimes it's difficult to tell implantation bleeding from having a period. As you took the medication in the appropriate time period, then it's very unlikely you're pregnant, especially if you have a period afterwards.

I advice you to wait till the periods are over then go for urine pregnancy test, just to confirm.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took unwanted 72 and got periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy? 46 minutes later
how many days is implantation bleedin for?i had bleeding for 5 days.

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 7 minutes later
Hello
Good to hear from you.
It is less likely to be implantation bleeding in your case, i think it is normal period. I advice you to do urine pregnancy test for confirmation.

You could suspect it is implantation bleeding if it occurs a bit earlier than expected, if it were scanty, spotty, pinkish and not red and heavy like a period.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took unwanted 72 and got periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy? 22 hours later
I did home pregnancy test.The rest came negative.(Used i can pregnancy test.Got a strip on C only).Hope I neednt worry now

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 hours later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

If it's negative you need not to worry. Its nearly 97 to 98% accurate.

I advice you to use some contraception when you are not planning to be pregnanct.

Wish you good health.