Had unprotected sex. Took unwanted 72. Had period on time for that month. Now there is delay in periods. Pregnant?

Excellent
Question
hello doc, I had unprotected sex with my GF last march. She took one tab of Unwanted 72 witthin 20 hrs of our first intercourse. after that she had period on time and that was done at endof march.The ususal date of her periods was 25th -28th March and that was done but it has not happened at this month of April yet. Is this delay expected? How many more days should she wait for the periods to happen before going for a pregnancy test?
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
Since your girl friend had her periods on time in the month of March, pregnancy is ruled out. The delay in periods in the month of April can be due to stress and anxiety or a minor hormonal imbalance if there is no unprotected intercourse during that period.
I believe that your friend should get her periods soon. If at all there are no periods till 10th May, then she should see her doctor. Some blood tests to test for hormonal imbalance that is causing irregular periods is perhaps entailed.

Currently, I suggest you to wait for a week and then if no periods happen then consider consulting a gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took unwanted 72. Had period on time for that month. Now there is delay in periods. Pregnant? 49 minutes later
hello doc,
you mean to say there is nothing to worry about the pregnancy. there is no chance to become pregnant? the only problem is periods timing. there is any other problem has occur in future related to new birth?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. If she did not have an unprotected sex after her last periods in March then pregnancy is ruled out.
The delay in periods is not worrisome. These should start in next few days.
It is not likely to affect her future pregnancies.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.