Had unprotected sex. Took plan B. Experiencing yellow discharge and abdominal cramping. What does this indicate?

I gave birth On May 3rd, today is XXXXXXX 6th. I had unprotected sex on May 31st around 9pm and took the Plan B on XXXXXXX 3rd around 7pm. I am now experiencing a lot of discharge, some yellow. I have had some abdominal cramping as soon as early XXXXXXX 4th. What could all of this mean?
Could it still be from giving Birth a month earlier?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query

Congragulation on your new born BABY

As you have said that you had delivery almost a month ago and now having alot of discharge , some yellow , with cramping

This yellow discharge is known as LOCHIA XXXXXXX , that is due to the delivery a month ago , it is the remanant of placenta , fat , uterus layer , and can occur uptill 4-6 weeks post delivery

LOCHIA is a normal process of uterus to clean itself

LOCHIA has three types , initially it is red type , then after 2 weeks , it is white type and after 3-4 weeks it is yellow colour

Total amount of lochia discharge is around 500 ml in a month

Do not worry as it is a normal process and it will go away on its on , cramping due to uterus movement is very common , breast feeding (more ) and hot water bath decreases the cramps

If the lochia is very foul smelling , or you have fever than you have to take antibiotics , otherwise it will go away on its own in 24-28 hrs

Lochia has nothing to do with emergency contraceptive pills

I hope this explain your query

Your feed back is important for us