Had unprotected sex. Took pill and again had sex. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Hello, I had unprotected sex and decided to take the next choice pill. After taking the first pill, an accident occurred in which I had unprotected sex once more before taking the second pill. Will next choice still be effective despite the fact that I took the first dose before the second encounter with unprotected sex?
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Most likely no. Take another full dose (1.5 mg--two pills, at the same time) as soon as possible.

You might experience some breakthrough bleeding/spotting but that is normal; nothing to worry about.

Then talk to your Ob/Gyn about starting a regular method of birth control and consider using condoms.

One dose of emergency contraception is only effective against one act of unprotected intercourse and the timing of the regimen is important.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took pill and again had sex. What are the chances of pregnancy? 12 minutes later
Its been two weeks since this has happened. Is there anything I can do now?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
Nothing is to done now.
Just wait and watch.
If periods don't come confirm the pregnancy.
If pregnancy confirmed you can opt for medical abortion medication,if you wish.