Had unprotected sex. Took levlen pills and morning after pill. What are the risks?

Question
I had unprotected sex on the 2 October 1am I took 4 levlen pills first thing in the morning followed bye 4 more 6 hour after would this help to reduce getting pregnan Then on the Tuesday morning I took the morning after pill as I was paranoide
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 minutes later

I did not understand some facts in your query.

Kindly do provide the below required information , which would help me to provide you better and specific advice.

When was your last menstrual period ?
How long are your cycles ?
Are your cycles regular ?
When did you have the sexual intercourse ? (You have mentioned October)
Was the Levlen pill dosage advised by a doctor ?

Waiting for your reply,

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took levlen pills and morning after pill. What are the risks? 23 minutes later
Last period was the first week in September two days after I had unprotected sex.
My cycles are 5 days usually
The dosage is levlen 48.25mg took 4 then another 6 hours. I didn't take advice of doctor just going bye word of mouth what others have done. Then took the morning after pill ellaone... Two days after
I had bleeding for a week after the morning after pill and are having lower ovary pain now due to my period due in two weeks as I just started the pill again 2 weeks ago

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 minutes later

Thanks for the information.

Based on your dates the intercourse has happened during the infertile period of your cycle by which pregnancy is near impossible.

The fertility is more after 10 days of last period and before 10days of the expected period.

Since you had periods soon after the intercourse the chances of pregnancy are almost nil.Though the medication dosage has helped I would not consider that being a safe dosage and can cause side effects for long time ,even for months.

Do consult a gynaecologist and discuss the same.He/she will plan a new birth control course from here on.

Wish you good health.

regards,

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took levlen pills and morning after pill. What are the risks? 5 minutes later
Thank you.
So if I just finished my period and had the unprotected sex two days after I'm safe with those pills and the morning after pill

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 hours later

Yes, you are right.

regards,