Had unprotected sex. Took i pill. Started bleeding and abdominal pain. Should I bee concerned?

my wife period started on 19 XXXXXXX we had unprotected sex n 24th XXXXXXX , then she took ipill within 10 hrs....Everything was normal after that on 3rd she started belleding with slight abdominal pain… now she don’t have any pain but still bleeding… I want to know how many days it bleeds and when should I be concerned or it is normal
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The emergency contraception with ipill causes hormonal imbalance and the ensuing period is heavier and longer than the usual period and will last usually 6-10days time.
if bleeding and pain is too troublesome then tablet Meftal spas twice a day for two days may be helpful.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took i pill. Started bleeding and abdominal pain. Should I bee concerned? 25 minutes later
now she is not having pain but she is bleeding, is there any medicine to stop it as she just had period a week back she is also feeling very weak. is there any restriction on food during this period??
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 12 hours later
Welcome back.
There is no restriction of diet but she should take protein XXXXXXX diet.
To stop bleeding Ethamsilate tablets are helpful but should be taken during excessive bleeding periods.
I hope that helps.