Had unprotected sex. Took antibiotic for burning in penis. Having weak legs. STD negative. Donated kidney

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
Had unprotected sex about 3 months ago. I had burning sensation in penis for about 2 weeks. And for about 3 days was more constant. I went to Dr and got antibiotic and burning went away. Now for past 2 days my legs are weak. I was tested for Clymidia and Gonarhea and both are negative. Also urine showed no growth. Also I donated I kidney and my only kidney left is functioning at 60 percent about. Year and half ago. aAnd I have high cholesterol which I haven't been taking medicine on regular basis last month...any ideas what is going on?
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Nsah and I am pleased to be able to assist you.
I do not think your problem is STD related but rather I will suspect to a greater extend that it might be coming from the kidney. Absence of one kidney and the fact that you only have one left which is only functioning at 60% means that you might have developed electrolyte imbalance and excess waste in your blood. You will need that a complete blood work up such as Complete blood count, kidney function test (serum urea, creatinine, BUN etc), blood electrolytes (complete profile-Ca, K, Na, Mg, Ph etc), lipid profile etc.
Neurologic disorder could also be responsible (but to me, I do not see that it is nerve related). You will need a complete assessment by your doctor to determine the cause of your affection.
Unfortunately I am unable to go further without having more clinical information regarding your state but if you have any more questions please feel free to email.

Dr. Nsah