Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for gonnerhea and chylamedia. Worrisome

I'm a female and had sex with a man he inserted his penis unprotected for about 5 seconds I have been worried sick! I was tested for gonnerhea and chylamedia 12 days after that then again 28 days after the incident both test were negative. Was that enough time to get correct results?I also tested positive for BV which really have me worried and depressed that I might have a std/ sti now!!!
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 41 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Antibodies for Infective organism develop within 4-6 weeks.
So i recommend you to wait till 6 weeks for detection of antibodies.
Meanwhile you can get a vaginal swab test now for definitive diagnosis of STD and get treated accordingly.

Nothing to worry as BV is completely treatable.
Feel free to ask if you have further doubts. I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer