Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for clymidia and gonrarea. Have sore penis head. Worrisome

Urologist
Question
I went to the GUM clinic 9 weeks ago, (1 week after sex), where the condom broke. i was negative for clymidia and gonrarea. I still have a hell of a pain in the urethra and testicles after ejaculation . my lymph glands are all swolen , the ones behing my ears are constantly throbbing, my body aches and also have to red sores on the head of the penis.. I am really scared and worried i have something really bad. I also had a blood test for hiv and herpes which came back negative , how accurate would this be 1 week after???
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 hours later
Dear,

All your symptoms - pain, swollen lymph nodes, rashes, sores, body aches, etc., concerns me. Though you said you have been tested, as the symptoms persist even after 9 weeks, you need to go back to the clinic and get fresh investigations to rule out STDs. You can be started on azithromycin or doxycyline under the care of treating physician as a prophylaxis as we wait the results of fresh testing.

Though HIV is less likely, it would be better to repeat HIV tests after 4 weeks of exposure (as the window period is about 3 months). You can counteract the infection from somebody but it shall appear in the blood investigations only after 3 months.

Hope I have addressed your concerns. Let me know if you need further assistance.

All the best...

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for clymidia and gonrarea. Have sore penis head. Worrisome 31 hours later
Ok thanks , I am booked in for tests on Monday . Having looked up hepatitis most of my symptons relate to it , dark yellow urine and pain in the bum and groin . Is hepatitis curable ?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Dear,

It's good to know that you have planned to see your doctors.

Hepatitis is at the bottom of my list, as the symptoms you have are less likely to be due to it. You can also test for hepatitis along with all other STD tests.

Hepatitis can be controlled with appropriate medications. Some type of hepatitis do contain by itself without any treatment. So do not worry about hepatitis.

Hope this helps. If you have other concerns, I will be glad to address it.

Sincerely

Rajiv goel

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for clymidia and gonrarea. Have sore penis head. Worrisome 45 minutes later
Ok thank you , last question , what do you think it may be then as 2 urine tests I have come back with are negative. And the 1 blood test 1 week after the contact came back negative.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later
Dear,

You still can have STD with normal urine and blood test. You need to be investigated now and treated accordingly.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel