Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for STD. Started feeling sick. Should I get tested again?

hi dr. i am XXXXXXX 29 years old i had risk exposure 4 months ago .she told me i dont get pregnant we can do it without condom she wasnt acting or bad girl but i dont know about her stds .i know that was wrong .i am overreacting thinking alot and stress .i had group stds pcr test after 40 days .i was worry just about hiv it came back negative .i was reading online alot about that . i discoverd that test not enough .i had to test after 80 days or between 11 12 weeks in clinic, results came back negative again and i told the doctor there about my story he told me your good no need test again .but i was reading online that i supose to wait 3 months.i am distracting and stress again do ihave to test again.and got rid off testing because it makes me feel like i am realy sick .please doctor i need your help. thak you dr
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

If the initial test becomes negative then repeat testing is needed to confirm the report. The repeat test is done at about 3 months to prevent false reports. From what I read, you have already done this & it became negative again.
So, why are you so concerned about this?

Your doctor is right. There is no repeat testing is needed and you can safely put the incident behind you.

Please practice safe sex for your own safety.

I hope I have been some help of your query. Please write if you have any doubt.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for STD. Started feeling sick. Should I get tested again? 42 hours later
thank you dr. but the two tests was before 90 days .the last test was at 80 days.would that test give same accurate results as 90 days .because online alot of wibsites say .the window period 3 months and otheres say 6 months .that what was distracting me .and made me think that my tests not enough and i have to test again.just this point not very clear to me .i appriciate your help dr. thank you
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 2 hours later
Thank you for your follow up question.

There is no actual difference between 80 & 90 days.
You need not to repeat the test.
The issue is over. You are totally safe.
You need not to further concern about this.