Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for STD. Chances of getting positive HIV after few months?

Hello doctor,
I have question about HIV transmit ,
3 months ago I had sex with a call lady , my condom broke , but 2 months after we had sex, I tried to call her for HIV test , we both tested negative , and today is my 3 months test , how many % the test turn positive?
I have a little swollen gland on my left chin, is it because I was so worry and touch all the time it cause swollen also ?
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Since at two months, you both tested negative for HIV, it means that she is not likely to be HIV infected with a high viral load. The chances of you getting a positive test from that single encounter three months ago is almost negligible <0.1%. Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for STD. Chances of getting positive HIV after few months? 16 minutes later
I just wondering why the symptom come and go, I am waiting for my test resolve in the next couple day . Hope this last test will always negative , I don't want to think about it , but I can't stop myself. I always remind myself about her 2 months tested negative to move on with normal life. How long does HIV take to show up ? Some people say 3-6 months. And how accurate for my last test at 2 months? Can you please answer me
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
HIV can be transmitted only if your partner is suffering with it.
As your test at two months is negative ( usually has 97% accuracy), chances of transmission of HIV are very very poor.
HIV is the name of virus only, and disease (Aids) takes many years to develop. thus the symptoms that you have are not due to it.
Though there are no chances, you should get HIV tested after 6 months again for surety.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.