Had unprotected sex. Taking contraceptive pills. Delayed periods for 3 days. Chances of pregnancy?

hello doctor .. Me and my wife had unprotected sex on 5th july. She had taken emergency contraceptive pill on the same day (within 5 hrs) Her normal period date is 13th july considering her 30 day cycle. Her last period was on 13th XXXXXXX and it lasted till 18th XXXXXXX If we count the first day of her period as day 1 then, we had unprotected sex on day 22 of her cycle. Iam worried as her period is delayed by 3 days. Her diet has changed since a week as its Ramzan month. Are there any chances of pregnancy ? Please help and provide information about fertile days in period cycle. Thank you
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 25 minutes later
Hi thanks for the query.

If I consider your wife's cycle as fixed for 30 days then her fertile period will be between 12th to 20th day. This is a rough calculation for your wife considering her cycle as fixed. Although chances of pregnancy outside this period are very less still cannot be completely ruled out.

Her period might be delayed either due to pregnancy or dietary changes. Its better to go for pregnancy test to rule out the same at the earliest (urine pregnancy test or serum beta HCG test).

Good luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: