Had unprotected sex. Started feeling weak, body pain and fever. Should I be worried?

Hi doctor. I had an unprotected sex with a girl for 3 days continuosly and now after 3 days i am feeling very weak and body is aching and on and off fever is also there. What should i do? Is there something to worry about? Do i need to take some medicines? I am 28 years of age.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A generalized ache in the body is not suggestive of any STD. Your symptoms are more likely to be due to the anxiety.
STD’s usually present with many symptoms chief ones being any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer of sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms in case of HIV.
Your symptoms are likely to subside in next 4-5 days. In case the symptoms are aggravated then you can consider visiting a physician for a detailed evaluation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.