Had unprotected sex, STD negative. Are the tests conclusive and is the rapid HIV test as reliable as lab tests?

I had a lot of unprotected sex with same female over coarse of a month. I was tested for stds all negative at the following times:

Chlamydia/gonnerea - 4 weeks urine
Herpes - 4 weeks blood
Hepb antigen - 7 weeks
Hep c antibody - 7 and 9 weeks
HIV- rapid mouth swab at 6 and 8 weeks rapid blood finger stick at 11 weeks
Syphilis RPR- 7 weeks
My questions are as follows:
1-are these tests conclusive?
2-are rapid HIV tests just as reliable as lab?
3-if I contracted both hep c and HIV would that delay my HIV results?
4-I read 12 weeks is conclusive for HIV, I had one at 11 weeks after last encounter do I need one more at 12?
Reason I am asking all this is because I have been having muscle aches and fatigue for like 2 to 2 1/2 months. I hope to hear bak soon. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 6 hours later

I went through your history and lab investigations

You must feel happy that all investigations done so far are negative

Investigations done so far are complete and sufficient

As you are asymptomatic these prove that you have not acquired any STD

2. Rapid HIV tests are as reliable as late tests for HIV infection
3. Contracting two viral infections simultaneously is indeed a very rare risk and in your case both are negative so far
4. However I personally advice to get one more sample for HIV at the end of twelve weeks for benefit of doubt

I hope and presume that it will also be negative

However instead of going through all these risks I advise you to have safe sexual practices in future to reduce the mental agony

Have a good day
Prasad PVS
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, STD negative. Are the tests conclusive and is the rapid HIV test as reliable as lab tests? 51 minutes later
Is there anything that would delay 12 weeks being conclusive for HIV?....also out of curiousity it says you are a dermatologist, how does this qualify for a specialist in HIV?
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 32 hours later
If your HIV test at twelve week is negative, there is no need to get another test done. It is conclusive.

I am happy to allay your curiosity. I have a post graduate diploma in venereal diseases and a MD in dermatology. Incidentally my post graduation is from CMC, Vellore. In India, MD in dermatology includes venereology also.

Warm regards
Prasad pvs