Had unprotected sex. Red rashes appeared on penis head. Is this a yeast infection or STD?

Question
Hi, I've got an interesting question. I've had a fair run in with STD's (I've had 2 yeast infections, gonorrhea, all cured and i did find out that a woman I had protected sex with had herpes. following this discovery I got tested but was negative. I also ended my relationship with her prior to the test, over 6 months ago.) So now being clean of any STDs, having a fair bit of knowledge of them and not having been sexually active for about 2-3 months, I am in a perplexing situation. In the last 4 days, I developed a rash on the head of my penis, which resembled the rash of Candida at first. However, it does not itch or have any sensation. In the last day it has started to blister a little. It still has no sensation. The individual lesions are still relatively small red bumps in high density spread throughout the entire area under the foreskin. Also, both of the previous yeast infections i have had quickly developed into ringworm and spread throughout my body. This has yet to show any further Tinea-type lesions anywhere else. I doubt this is a yeast infection but i am not within any incubation period of any STD I might've previously been exposed to. Especially considering I have not had any unprotected sex since my last negative test. and the only sex I had after that was almost 3 months ago, and protected.
The only different thing I have done is I recently masturbated with a condom on (for the sake of an easy clean up) which I removed before falling asleep, though I did not shower on that night. While I have not done this before, I have always used condoms and never had any reactions to them. Ohh yes, And for the last week I've been sleeping without bed sheets on. Also, About 2 weeks ago i swallowed a spider as I woke up (I suspect a hobo as I have many around my house) after which I did get rashes on my shoulders, arms and had an inflamed tongue. but I doubt that's related. This is all strange and true but I am not sure how relevant it would be but I thought for the sake of transparency, I'd include it all.

If you could help me figure out what this is I would greatly appreciate it. thank you.

I have included this in the category of STDs just because that of dermatology appeared more geared towards cosmetology on this website.
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 hours later
Hi, thanks for choosing healthcare magic

The possibilities are (1) balantitis which is swelling or inflammation of the foreskin and head of the penis. It can be related to harsh soaps,not rinsing off soap properly, infection caused by yeast or other bacteria,irritation from lubricants, liver or heart failure that can cause fluid accumulation,diabetes, poor hygiene.
It can present with redness of the head of the penis,rash,some persons may have a discharge.
In most cases, doctors can diagnose it by examination alone, but in some investigations such as culture of any discharge,swabs of the infected area, blood tests checking blood sugar can be done.
Treatment involves gently retracting the foreskin and soaking the penis daily in warm water, the application of topical creams- if the doctor thinks it is bacterial you will be given a antibacterial cream like neosporin to apply, if it is thought to be fungal then an antifungal like clotrimazole might be given. If the rash appears as though it may be a reaction to a chemical agent like lubricant, soap or detergent then a mild topical steroid cream is used.
If it does not respond then oral medication may be necessary.

Herpes is another possibility, this infection, like other STD has a window period- a period when a test may not detect the presence of an infection.It may take about 3 to 6 weeks for a persons body to develop any detectable antibodies to herpes and so the initial test may be negative.
In some persons it is recommended the test be repeated at least 2 months after exposure to make sure that it is negative.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions